Weight loss should be the result of healthier eating and exercise habits. Participants are on the honor system and should participate in a healthy and fair manner.
• Diet pills (herbal or prescription appetite suppressants, metabolism enhancers, etc.)
• Water pills (diuretics) unless prescribed for a medical condition such as high blood pressure
• Laxatives and colonics.
Suggested Criteria for “Winning”:
– Weight loss challenge: “Winners” are determined by percentage of total weight loss. This is a fairer comparison than total pounds lost since heavier persons can safely lose weight more rapidly. A healthy rate of loss is 1% of beginning weight per week. So, a person weighing 280 pounds can lose 2-3 pounds per week while a person weighing 180 pounds would be expected to lose no more than 1-2 pounds per week.
1. beginning weight – ending weight = pounds lost
2. (pounds lost ÷ beginning weight) X 100 = percent weight lost
Weight Check Record Form
PARTICIPANT’S NAME WEIGHT
PRE POST CHANGE % LOST
• Week # 1. Taking a picture of and weighing each person (Th. July 8th. and Sa. 10) before
Boot Camp class.
• Week # 4. weigh (Th. July 29nd and Sa.31st.) before Boot Camp class.
• Week # 6. Picture and weigh (Th. August 12nd and Sa. 14) before Boot Camp class.
Here you have three tips to achieve your weight loss gols
1. Nutrition = What you eat, when you eat it, and how much you eat)
2. Cardiovascular Training =Working out your heart – and burning calories)
3. Resistance Training = Including Weight training with free weights
The following three tips are going to dive into each topic in depth and give you all the “gems” you need to effectively reach your fitness goals.